Managing the largest single cost for any ship in its lifetime is one of our expertise. If managed well, through good preparation, tight controls and close management, this cost can be placed under control and will avert cost over runs on the vessel’s operating budget.
This service is normally included within our full technical management offerings. However, if required, this can be offered as a separate bespoke service for any ship owner or operator.
Our dry docking services include:
- Assignment of Superintendents to supervise the project.
- Vessel visits to identify specific docking works and defect rectification works.
- Gathering of information from classification societies and other regulatory bodies.
- Preparation of a detailed repair specification.
- Review of the dry dock repair specification.
- Identification dry dock location, considering cost and yard availability.
- Dispatch of repair specifications to prospective shipyards for quotation.
- Yard recommendation and funding request submitted to Owners.
- Spares parts ordered and subcontractors assigned.
- Daily and final dry dock reports.